10 Tips To Play Blackjack Like a Pro At Casino Party
Blackjack, also known as 21, is without a doubt one of the favored casino games on offer. Key factors like fun and easy to learn, easy availability, and offering the player the best odds to beat the house are some of the leading reasons behind its immense popularity.
It pays to be well-versed with the tips and tricks of the game to escalate the probability of winning. So, here are some of the essential tips to help improve your winning chances at a casino party in San Francisco.
Suggested Post – Blackjack Casino Game, Rules & How To Play
Tip #1 – Know the Rules
First and foremost, you should be well-versed with the rules of the game. This will certainly help you figure out what you should do in a particular situation.
The key objective of the game is to get the value of all the cards; you are having in your hand, close to 21. If you have 21 in hand, this will mean a blackjack, but simultaneously if you go over 21, it means a bust/lose. Getting blackjack implies that you will probably win, but if you have a blackjack in two cards, then this means you will certainly win.
Tip #2 – When You Should Hit
Use the below-discussed rules to decide when to hit, as per your hand and the face-up card of the dealer –
- In case the face-up card of the dealer is 7,8,9,10 or Ace, and your hand totals 8 or 12 through 16, you should hit.
- In case the face-up card of the dealer is Ace, and your hand totals 11, do not Double. You should Hit.
- In case the face-up card of the dealer is 10, and your hand totals 10, do not Double. You should Hit.
- In case the face-up card of the dealer is 7,8,9, and your hand totals 9, do not Double. You should Hit.
Tip #3 – When You Should Stand
Use the below-discussed rules to decide when to stand, as per your hand and the face-up card of the dealer –
- The moment your hand total reaches 17 or above, you should Stand.
- In case the face-up card of the dealer is 6 or below, and your hand totals 13 or above, you should Stand.
- In case you have a split-table pair of 10s or Face Cards, no matter what you should not split and you should Stand.
Tip #4 – When You Should Split
Use the below-discussed rules to decide when to Split your hand, as per your pair’s value and the face-up card of the dealer –
- In case the card of the dealer is 4-7, make sure you only split 2s and 3s.
- You should split 6s and 7s only when the card of the dealer is 6 or below.
- No matter what is the situation, you should always split 8s.
- If it is acceptable, you should always split Aces.
Tip #5 – When You Should Double Down
While playing, if your hand equals 9, 10, 11 doubling strategy is often used. With the help of this particular strategy, you have a major chance of hitting 19-20 with a 10 or maybe a Face Card.
Use the below-discussed rules to decide when to Double your hand, as per your total and the face-up card of the dealer –
- When you have a total of 11, then you should double down.
- You should choose to double down when you have a total of 10 against 4, 5, or 6 of the dealer.
- You should choose to double down when you have a total of 9 against 5 or 6 of the dealer.
Tip #6 – Use a Strategy Chart
The sole purpose of the Blackjack Strategy Chart is to guide you on how to act in a possible situation. Usually, the casinos get the upper hand when a player is not able to make the right decisions. This chart helps in decreasing the house edge and maximizes your odds of winning.
Tip #7 – Start Small
The famous saying “wise men say, only fools rush in” can never be more valid than in the game of blackjack. You need to act cool, observe how the dealer is playing, and have a better idea of the pace of the game. When you are well-versed with the ins and outs of the game, begin with the minimum bet.
Tip #8 – Don’t Get Stiffed
In the situation where you have a stiff hand, it is easy to get bust out in just one hit. If the card of the dealer is between 2 and 6, this means a stiff hand for the dealer. In case the first pair of cards has a total between 12 and 16, then this shows you have a stiff hand. However, if you hold a 17 or higher, then this indicates you have a pat hand. If you have a stiff hand, you should stand.
Tip #9 – Manage Your Bankroll
Before you start playing, it is advisable to decide on a maximum amount you are comfortable spending. If you reach that point, make sure you avoid spending more hoping to clawback your losses. No matter what, you should never bet money you can’t afford to lose.
Tip #10 – Insurance
Insurance is a bad bet. If the dealer has an Ace, there is a 3 in 13 chance of getting a blackjack. With an insurance bet, you receive a potential bet of 2:1, this means you lose overall. The insurance is recommended when you are an experienced card counter, and you have a good idea of what might be in the deck.
So, use the above-discussed tips and you will see that winning at blackjack could not be any easier.